Powerboat Level 2
South West Maritime Academy
The RYA Powerboat Level 2 (PB2) course is aimed as an introduction to power boating with the course covering a much wider range of topics than the level 1 course.
There are no pre-requisites for the course but it aims to provide a good, broad base of experience for anyone who wants to take a powerboat out on their own. As with all of our courses the days will be mainly practical and hands on to give you the best experience, skills and confidence in the handling of powerboats.
Our RYA Powerboat Level 2 Course Content:
- Launching and recovery: Going through the step by step actions needed to ensure the safe launching and recovery of the vessel.
- Boat handling: Basic boat handling skills, familiarizing you with the controls and maneuverability of the vessel
- Securing to a buoy: Learn the safe method to approach and secure to a mooring buoy
- Anchoring: Learn the safe methods of anchoring a vessel and its recovery.
- The use of different anchor types for different conditions.
- Leaving and coming alongside: Learn how to safely approach a pontoon, slip or even another vessel.
- Man overboard: Learn a number of techniques should you be faced with an emergency at sea
Why choose South West Maritime Academy? We are a leading provider of RYA powerboat courses for all levels of experience and ability, from complete novices to competent professionals and those looking to enhance their career prospects or update required industry specific qualifications. Our specialist team of instructors are selected due to their extensive experience across emergency medicine, military and maritime environments – this ensures that all participants benefit from our direct personal experience of their instructors. Participants therefore master the required skills and knowledge through a combination of independent study, instructor led skills development and scenario practice sessions. Instructors can also provide additional relevant information to meet specific industry, workplace or local training requirements.